1 / 1 Photo by: Suhara
- 100 g dark palm sugar, chopped
- 100 ml water
- 50 g sugar
- 1 pandan leaf, knotted
- 60 g rice flour
- 20 g tapioca flour
- ½ teaspoon alkaline water
- 60 g freshly grated coconut
- pinch of salt
Prep:10min › Cook:30min › Extra time:4hr cooling › Ready in:4hr40min
- First make the syrup: put the dark palm sugar , knotted pandan leaf and water into a pot and cook until it becomes a syrup. Then add regular sugar and stir until they've all dissolved. Remove the pandan leaf and let cool.
- Prepare egg cups or mold in a steamer and lightly steam. Mix the rice flour and tapioca flour together and then add the alkaline water. Pour in the cooled syrup and stir to create a smooth batter.
- Cook the batter in a pan over very low heat, stirring continuously until it thickens slightly and immediately remove from heat.
- Pour the batter into the egg cups about ¾ full. Steam for about 15 minutes or until it's cooked and set. Remove from heat and let cool completely before unmolding.
- Mix the grated coconut with a little salt. Unmold the little cakes and top with coconut.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!