1 / 1 Photo by:
- 1 kg beef
- 1 lemongrass bulb
- 1 salam leaf (bay leaf)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons dark palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon tamarind juice
- For the blender
- 7 shallots
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 cm galangal
- 2 teaspoons whole coriander, dry roasted
- salt to taste
- oil for cooking
Prep:10min › Cook:1hr › Ready in:1hr10min
- First boil the beef in pot of water until just cooked or alternatively, you can use a pressure cooker.
- Blend all the ingredients for the blender until fine.
- When the beef is cooked, remove from pot and slice into 1 cm thickness. In a mortar and pestle, pound each individual beef slices until it is flattened but not too thin.
- Halve the lemongrass bulb and smash it. Put in pot with coconut milk, salam leaf, palm sugar, tamarind juice, salt and the blended ingredients. Add the beef slices, stir and simmer on low heat until all the sauce has been absorbed.
- Heat frying pan with a little oil. Pan fry the beef slices until browned on both sides. Serve with rice.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!