1 / 1 Photo by: Amanda J.
Vietnamese Beef Stir-fry with Long beans (Thit Bo Xao Dau )
- 455 g beef sirloin tips, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 220 g long snake beans, ends trimmed and cut into 5cm length
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 60 ml beef stock
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- oil for cooking
Prep:10min › Cook:20min › Ready in:30min
- In a large mixing bowl, combine garlic, black pepper, cornstarch, and 1 teaspoon vegetable oil. Add beef, and mix well.
- In a large wok, heat 2 tablespoons oil over high heat for one minute. Add meat; cook and stir for about 2 minutes, or until beef begins to brown. Transfer beef to a large bowl, and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in wok. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Mix in green beans, and add broth. Cover, and reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 4 to 5 minutes, or until beans are tender crisp. Stir in fish sauce and beef. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 or 2 minutes, or until heated through.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!