1 / 1 Photo by:
Chocolate Muffins with Cream Cheese Filling
- 275g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 egg
- 130g caster sugar
- 80ml neutral-flavour oil
- 300g buttermilk
- 100g cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 drop vanilla essence, to taste
Prep:20min › Cook:20min › Ready in:40min
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a bowl sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa. Mix.
- In a large bowl crack in the egg and whisk it. Add the 130g of sugar, oil and buttermilk; mix well.
- Combine the 2 bowls together while mixing.
- Filling: In a bowl carefully mix the cream cheese, caster sugar and vanilla.
- Grease a muffin tray or line with muffin cases.
- Fill each muffin case just over half then add the filling; a big teaspoon for every muffin. Put the rest of the mixture on top so the filling is completely surrounded.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 20-25 minutes. Afterwards if you're not using baking cases, let the muffins cool for 5-10 minutes in the moulds before removing.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!