Thai Chicken Fried Rice
1 / 1
126 people made this
About this recipe:
This is a great use for left over rice. It is a staple dish in the Thai diet. Adjust the spices to your own tastes.
3 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 teaspoon white sugar
1/2 cup peanut oil for frying
4 cups cooked jasmine rice, chilled
6 large cloves garlic clove, crushed
2 chillies, finely diced
500g boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
1 red capsicum, seeded and thinly sliced
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 cups sweet Thai basil
1 cucumber, sliced
1/2 cup fresh coriander
- Whisk together the oyster sauce, fish sauce and sugar in a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium-high heat until the oil begins to smoke. Add the garlic and chillies stirring quickly.
- Stir in the chicken, capsicum, onion and oyster sauce mixture; cook until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Raise heat to high and stir in the chilled rice; stir quickly until the sauce is blended with the rice. Use the back of a spoon to break up any rice sticking together.
- Remove from heat and mix in the basil leaves. Garnish with sliced cucumber and coriander as desired.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate