1 / 1 Photo by: StacyWC
Thai Chicken Fried Rice
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut oil for frying
- 4 cups cooked jasmine rice, chilled
- 6 large cloves garlic clove, crushed
- 2 chillies, finely diced
- 500g boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups sweet Thai basil
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander
Prep:30min › Cook:10min › Ready in:40min
- Whisk together the oyster sauce, fish sauce and sugar in a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium-high heat until the oil begins to smoke. Add the garlic and chillies stirring quickly.
- Stir in the chicken, capsicum, onion and oyster sauce mixture; cook until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Raise heat to high and stir in the chilled rice; stir quickly until the sauce is blended with the rice. Use the back of a spoon to break up any rice sticking together.
- Remove from heat and mix in the basil leaves. Garnish with sliced cucumber and coriander as desired.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!