1 / 1 Photo by: Allrecipes Photos
Sandwich Jam Cookies
Serves : 10
- 125 g all-purpose flour
- 55 g butter
- 1 egg
- 10 g ground almonds
- 50 g white sugar
- 315 g any flavor fruit jam
- 40 g confectioners' sugar for decoration
Prep:20min › Cook:12min › Ready in:32min
- Preheat oven to 200C. Grease baking trays.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and rub in the butter. Mix in the sugar and ground almond. Using a fork, mix in the egg until dough becomes stiff.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Roll out dough into a thin layer and cut into 5cm rounds (alternatively, cut into rectangles). Re-roll trimmings and cut until you have 20 rounds. Place rounds on baking trays.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until light brown. Cool on tray for 3 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread half of the cookies with a thin layer of jam. Sandwich together with remaining cookies. Dust with icing sugar.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!