1 / 1 Photo by: kokigendut
Brown and White Cupcakes
Makes : 24 cupcakes
- 1 (225g) block cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup (65g) white sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup (175g) dark choc chip bits
- 1 1/2 cups (190g) plain flour
- 1 cup (200g) white sugar
- 1/4 cup (20g) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (235ml) water
- 1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Prep:30min › Cook:30min › Ready in:1hr
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line muffin trays with patty cups or lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg, 1/3 cup (75g) sugar and pinch of salt until light and fluffy. Stir in the chocolate chips and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, 1 cup (220g) sugar, cocoa, bicarb soda and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Make a well in the centre and add the water, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Stir together until well blended. Fill muffin trays 1/3 full with the batter and top with a dollop of the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!