1 / 1 Photo by: Allrecipes Photos
Mum's Boiled Fruit Cake
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 620g (4 cups) mixed fruit
- 250g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 190g butter
- 250g (2 cups) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 2 eggs, beaten
Prep:15min › Cook:1hr30min › Ready in:1hr45min
- Preheat the oven to 150 C. Grease a 20-23cm x13 cm loaf tin and line with baking paper or aluminum foil.
- Combine the water, mixed fruit, sugar and butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally, then cook gently for about 10 minutes.
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and mixed spice into a large bowl. Pour in the boiled fruit mixture and stir until well blended.
- Mix in the eggs. Pour into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 90 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool cake in the pan for at least 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!