1 / 1 Photo by: Allrecipes Photos
Thai Pumpkin Soup
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) vegetable oil
- 10g butter
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 brown shallots, chopped
- 2 small fresh red thai chilli, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemongrass
- 2 1/2 cups (625ml) chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) coconut milk
- 4 cups peeled and diced pumpkin
- 1 cup fresh Thai basil leaves
Prep:15min › Cook:20min › Ready in:35min
- Heat oil and butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook garlic, shallots, chilli and lemongrass for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Stir in chicken stock, coconut milk and pumpkin; bring to the boil. Cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until pumpkin softens.
- Blend the soup in a blender or food processor, in batches, until smooth.Reheat in saucepan. Serve sprinkled with basil leaves.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!