1 / 1 Photo by: Allrecipes Photos
Asparagus Cashew Rice Pilaf
- 60g butter
- 60g uncooked spaghetti, broken
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked jasmine rice
- 2 1/4 cups (560ml) vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 250g fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 5cm pieces
- 1/2 cup roasted cashew halves
Prep:25min › Cook:25min › Ready in:50min
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Increase heat to medium, and stir in spaghetti, cooking until coated with the melted butter and lightly browned.
- Stir onion and garlic into the saucepan, and cook until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in jasmine rice, and cook for about 5 minutes. Pour in vegetable broth. Season mixture to taste with salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover, and cook for 20 minutes, until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed.
- Place asparagus in a separate medium saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook until tender but firm.
- Mix asparagus and cashew halves into the rice mixture, and serve warm.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!