1 / 1 Photo by: Marly
Nutty Chocolate-Courgette Cupcakes
- 60g dark chocolate, melted and cooled
- 3 eggs
- 1¾ cups brown sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) vegetable oil
- 2 cups (250g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- icing and walnut halves
Prep:20min › Cook:20min › Ready in:40min
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with sugar for about 5 minutes or until thickened and pale. Blend oil and melted chocolate into the beaten egg mixture.
- In a small bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir into egg mixture until just blended. Stir in courgette and chopped nuts.
- Using an ice-cream scoop, spoon mixture into 24 medium size paper-lined or greased muffin cups, filling the cups 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until skewer inserted in a cupcake's center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the tins on rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and allow to cool completely. Ice with chocolate or vanilla icing and garnish with walnut or pecan halves.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!