1 / 1 Photo by: Allrecipes Photos
- 6 egg yolks
- 250g (1¼ cups) caster sugar
- 300g mascarpone cheese
- 500ml (2 cups) thickened cream
- 4 packets (each approx 180g) lady fingers or sponge fingers
- 4-5 tablespoons coffee flavored liqueur like Bailey's or Irish Cream
- 1 teaspoon cocoa, for dusting
- 30g dark chocolate
Prep:45min › Cook:10min › Ready in:55min
- Combine egg yolks and sugar in the top of a double boiler or bowl over boiling water. Reduce heat to low and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and whip yolks until thick and lemon-coloured.
- Add mascarpone to whipped yolks. Beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whip cream to stiff peaks. Gently fold into yolk mixture and set aside.
- Split the lady fingers in half and line the bottom and sides of a large glass bowl. Brush with coffee liqueur. Spoon half of the mascarpone filling over the lady fingers.
- Repeat ladyfingers, coffee liqueur and filling layers. Decorate with cocoa and chocolate curls. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- To make the chocolate curls, use a vegetable peeler and run it down the edge of the chocolate.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!