1 / 1 Photo by: Dianne
Herb Roasted Turkey
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 head garlic, peeled and crushed
- good handful chopped fresh rosemary
- handful chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon Italian herb seasoning
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 whole turkey
- 1 tablespoon of plain flour
Prep:25min › Cook:4hr › Ready in:4hr25min
- Combine the olive oil, garlic, rosemary, basil, Italian herb seasoning, black pepper and salt. Set aside.
- Wash the turkey, inside and out and pat dry. Remove any excess fat deposits. Loosen the skin from the breast. This is done by slowly working your fingers between the breast and the skin. Work it loose to the end of the drumstick being careful not to tear the skin.
- Using your hand, spread a generous amount of the rosemary mixture under the breast skin and down the thigh and leg. Rub the remainder of the rosemary mixture over the outside of the breast. Use cocktail sticks to seal skin over any exposed breast meat.
- Place the turkey on a rack in a roasting tin. Add just enough water to cover the bottom of the pan. Roast according to the weight of your turkey. Roast in a preheated 180 C oven. When finished, a meat thermometer inserted in the thigh should read 82 C and the juices should run clear when pierced with a fork.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!