1 / 1 Photo by: Allrecipes
Mediterranean Vegetarian Sandwich
Serves : 6
- 1 eggplant, sliced into strips
- 2 red capsicums, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 portobello mushrooms,sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 loaf focaccia bread
Prep:20min › Cook:40min › Ready in:1hr
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Brush eggplant and red capsicum with 1 tablespoon olive oil; use more if necessary, depending on size of vegetables. Place on a baking tray and roast in preheated oven until eggplant is tender, about 25 minutes and capsicum becomes blackened. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and saute mushrooms until tender.
- Stir crushed garlic into mayonnaise.
- Slice focaccia in half lengthwise. Spread mayonnaise mixture on one or both halves.
- Peel away capsicum skins and slice. Arrange eggplant, capsicum and mushrooms on focaccia. Close and wrap sandwich in plastic wrap.
- Place a cutting board on top of the focaccia and weigh down with something heavy eg: tinned food, a book or two. Set aside for 2 hours before slicing and serving.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!