1 / 1 Photo by: Wiley
Serves : 4
- 1 litre chicken, seafood stock or water
- 1 thumb galangal root, sliced into 1 cm rounds
- 2 stalks lemongrass, bruised and cut into 4 cm lengths
- 8 leaves Kaffir lime leaf
- 1-2 tablespoons nam prik pow, or Thai red pepper paste
- 5 each Thai chillies, cut in half
- 1/2 cup Carnation evaporated milk
- 8 each large prawns, head and shells left on
- 4 each squids, cleaned and cut into quarters
- 4 each cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 5 stalks pak chi farang, or saw tooth coriander
- 2 stalks green onion, sliced
- 5 stalks coriander, torn
- 1-2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/2 - 1 each lime, juiced
Prep:10min › Cook:30min › Ready in:40min
- Place the stock or water in a pot and heat. Add the galangal, lemongrass, lime leaf, nam prik pow and chillies. Simmer the pot until the soup is fragrant, about 15 minutes.
- Add the Carnation and cherry tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes are soft. Add the prawns. While the prawns are cooking, smash their heads with the back of a spoon and squeeze out the goodness inside. Add the squid and herbs.
- As soon as the squid is cooked, season the soup with the fish sauce and lime juice. Serve immediately.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!