1 / 1 Photo by: Wiley
Dorg Jorg (Fried flower shaped sesame cookies)
Wiley Bangkok (Krung Thep Maha Nakhon), Thailand
Makes: 20 cookies
- 1/2 cup Plain flour
- 1 cup Rice flour
- 1/4 cup Tapioca flour
- 3 Tablespoons Caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Red lime
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1/2 each Chicken egg
- 1/2 cup Coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons White sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons Black sesame seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 1 litre for frying Vegetable oil
Prep:30min › Cook:20min › Ready in:50min
- Mix the lime into the water and let settle.
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Add ½ cup of the lime water, egg, coconut milk and oil, mix well.
- Heat the frying oil with the mould in the oil.
- When the oil is hot, dip the heated mould 3/4s up the mould into the batter.
- Dip the mould into the hot oil half way up the batter.
- The cookie should separate from the mould and fall off into oil. If the cookie does not fall off, gently poke the cookie off with a wooden chopstick.
- When the cookie is golden brown, remove and shake off excess oil and bend on a small cup to turn into a flower. When the cookie is cool, store in a air tight container.
The batter will not stick to the mould unless the mould is hot, so keep the mould in the oil while the oil is heating up.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!