1 / 1 Photo by: Suhara
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 in ginger
- 1/2 cup shallots
- 3/4 cup thin coconut milk
- 2 cardamons
- 2 cloves
- 3 cups thick coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp tamarind juice
- 2 tsp chilli paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- a pinch of sugar
Prep:10min › Cook:50min › Extra time:1hr marinating › Ready in:2hr
- Put shallots and ginger in blender and grind until fine. Marinate chicken thighs in this paste for about 1 hour.
- Put marinated chicken thighs in a pot and pour thin coconut milk over it. Add the cardamon and cloves and cook over medium heat until chicken is partly cook, about 15 minutes.
- Take the chicken out of the pot, reserving the sauce in pot and place on baking tray and cook under the oven grill (broiler) at medium heat.
- Discard the cardamon and cloves and add tamarind juice, chilli paste, thick coconut milk into the pot and stir. Season with salt, pepper and sugar and cook until it thickens. Stir continuously.
- When the sauce thickens, ladle the sauce over the chicken and return to grill. Cook until the sauce begins to dry up a little then turn the chicken and ladle sauce over and cook again. Repeat this process of coating the chicken with the sauce about 4 times until chicken is cooked through. Serve with Nasi Kerabu.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!