1 / 1 Photo by: Suhara
- 500 gm paru-paru (cow's lungs)
- 5 shallots
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 stalks lemongrass, slice the bulbs only
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- a pinch of sugar
- salt to taste
- oil for cooking
Prep:10min › Cook:10min › Extra time:1hr marinating › Ready in:1hr20min
- Clean the lungs and quarter it into large pieces. Put it into pot with enough water to cover it and boil for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Pound the shallots, ginger , garlic, lemongrass with the fennel and coriander seeds in mortar and pestle to medium fineness.
- Slice the cooled lungs into 1cm thick slices. Mix with the pounded ingredients, turmeric, salt and sugar and marinade for at least an hour.
- Heat oil in wok and deep-fry the lungs over high heat. Drain on paper towel and serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!