11 people made this
About this recipe:
These are thin waferlike cookies and you must have a pizzelle iron to make them. The Italians call them "Pizzelle Alle Nocciole".
1/4 cup (30g) cocoa powder
1 cup (225g) caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup (230g) unsalted butter
3/4 cup (100g) ground hazelnuts
2 cups (250g) plain flour
- Whisk the eggs with the sugar and salt until light. Melt the butter and stir in.
- Sift together all the remaining ingredients except the hazelnuts and fold in.
- Stir in the hazelnuts last.
- Heat Pizzelle iron and place 1 teaspoon of batter on each imprint. Close iron and bake 30 seconds.
- Cool on racks. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate