1 / 1 Photo by:
- 4 pieces tau kwa (fried beancurd cakes), cut into quarters
- 100g bean sprouts, blanched
- 1 cucumber peeled and shredded
- Sauce ingredients
- 3 tablespoons tamarind pulp, soaked in 250ml warm water and strained for tamarind water
- 1 tablespoon homemade or store-bought sambal belacan (shrimp chilli paste)
- 2 small cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 125ml water
- 50 g roasted peanuts, crushed finely
- 1/2 teaspoon dark soya sauce
Prep:15min › Cook:25min › Ready in:40min
- In a large wok, deep fry the taukwa in hot oil until golden. Arrange the taukwa on a plate with the bean sprouts and shredded cucumber.
- In a small saucepan, combine all the sauce ingredients and simmer gently until a thick gravy forms, about 10 minutes.
- Top the tofu and vegetables with the gravy and serve immediately.
Make the sauce ahead and keep in the fridge until ready to use.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!