Yam kai dao moo sam cham (Spicy fried eggs and crispy pork belly)
This is a nice addition to any meal: breakfast with rice soup, or lunch and dinner along with a curry and steamed jasmine rice.
Bangkok (Krung Thep Maha Nakhon), Thailand
1 person made this
For the dressing
1 teaspoon palm sugar
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 lime, juiced
2 cups oil for frying
200g fresh pork belly, sliced into strips
5 crunchy lettuce leaves
5 Thai chillies, red or green, sliced thin
2 shallots, sliced thin
- Mix the dressing ingredients until the sugar dissolves. Reserve.
- Heat 2 cups oil in a wok until hot.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and gently pour the eggs into the hot oil. Fry the eggs until crispy and brown. Gently remove the eggs from the oil and drain on paper towels.
- In the same oil, fry the pork belly strips until crispy and set aside.
- Place the fried eggs on a plate and cut into 10 pieces like a pizza. Cut the pork belly into 2 cm pieces and put on top of the eggs.
- To serve, garnish with the shallots and drizzle the dressing over the dish.
Reviews and ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 184.108.40.206