1 / 1 Photo by:
- 600g medium sized prawns, shelled
- Spice Blend:
- 4 cloves garlic
- 6 shallots
- 8 dried chilli peppers, soak in hot water discard seeds
- 2 cm ginger
- 2 cm tumeric root
- 2 cm belacan, toasted
- 1 lemongrass bulb, chopped coarsely
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 1 cup (250 ml) tamarind juice
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) coconut milk
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- Cooking oil
Prep:10min › Cook:20min › Ready in:30min
- Blend all the spice ingredients until fine. Heat a little oil in pot and fry the blended ingredients until fragrant.
- Add the sliced onions and stir well until onion softens. Add tamarind juice, tomato wedges, salt and sugar.
- Simmer and add coconut milk and cook until the gravy thickens. Lastly add prawns and cook for 10 minutes until the prawns are done.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!