1 / 1 Photo by:
- 1 whole ikan terubuk (shad) - cleaned
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric powder
- 1 lemongrass bulb, thinly slice and pounded
- Oil for deep frying
- Spice Blend:
- 300g grated coconut
- 4 shallots
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cm ginger
- 1 fresh red chilli, deseeded
- 1 tablespoon dried shrimp, soaked in hot water
- 2 cm belacan, toasted
- Salt to taste
Prep:10min › Cook:20min › Extra time:15min › Ready in:45min
- Slit down the back of the fish to make a pocket on one side. Rub 1 teaspoon salt and turmeric powder onto the fish and let it marinate for 15 minutes.
- Grind the spice ingredients together and then blend well with the pounded lemongrass. Check the seasoning and add salt to taste.
- Stuff the mixed ingredients into the fish.
- Heat oil in wok until hot and deep fry the fish on both sides until cooked.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!