1 / 1 Photo by: SharmilaDevi
- 500 g kangkung (water spinach), separate the leaves from stems and cut the stems into 4 cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons dried shrimp, soak in hot water
- 1 red chilli, slice diagonaly
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil
- Spice Blend:
- 8 dried chilli peppers, soak in hot water discard seeds
- 8 shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cm belacan, toasted
Prep:5min › Cook:5min › Ready in:10min
- Blend the spice paste ingredients until fine. Heat wok with a little oil, and fry the spice paste until fragrant.
- Add the dried shrimp and stir fry for a minute. Then add the stems and stir fry till it is slightly softened before adding the leaves to the wok. Make sure that the vegetables are blended with the spice paste and add salt to taste. The leaves should be just wilted, sprinkle the sliced red chillies on top and serve hot with rice.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!