1 / 1 Photo by:
- 1 kg chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cooking oil
- 15 shallots, sliced
- 3 large onions, sliced
- 4 red chillies, sliced
- 4 tablespoon (60ml) calamansi juice or lime juice
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 2 tablespoon (30ml) dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prep:15min › Cook:25min › Ready in:40min
- Season chicken with salt and set aside for a few minutes.
- Heat oil in wok until hot and fry the sliced ingredients until translucent. Add the chicken and stir-fry over high heat until the chicken is slightly browned. Add the calamansi or lime juice.
- Add the sauce ingredients to the wok and cook till it boils. Reduce heat, stir and cover wok. Simmer till the sauce thickens and the chicken is tender.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!