Glutinous Rice Bibingka
- 400g malagkit
- 800 ml (3 1/4 cup) coconut milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 220g brown sugar
- 100g white sugar
Prep:30min › Cook:30min › Ready in:1hr
- Preheat your oven to 175 degrees C.
- In a large non stick pot, cook the malagkit with 600ml coconut milk and the salt. Stir occasionally to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom of pot.
- Before it gets too dry, add the brown sugar and continue mixing. Pour into a baking dish.
- Mix the remaining coconut milk with the white sugar and pour over the rice mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the coconut mixture on top is dry.
Altered ingredient amounts. 2 cups of rice 8 cups of liquid (three 13.5 fl.oz. of coconut milk PLUS water to make a total of 8 cups) cook according to the directions, only with all the liquid at once (glutinous rice needs lots of liquid to cook through) - 23 Feb 2010
great recipe, my husband, who is Filipino, loves it. It reminds him of his mom and his childhood, growing up in San Francisco, where they moved when he was only 9. I added the tweak, since the first time I made according to the directions, and it was imply not enough liquid, so rice remained crunchy inside - 23 Feb 2010