Siopao (Steamed buns)
70 people made this
About this recipe:
This sweet dough wrapped around a chicken and pork filling makes a delicious snack.
420g plain flour
100g white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (7g) packet dry yeast
250 ml (1 cup) lukewarm water
4 tablespoons oil
Chicken and pork filling (link to recipe)
Wax paper, cut into 8x8cm squares
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all the dry ingredients. Add the lukewarm water and oil and mix into a dough.
- Knead the dough for at least 10 minutes or until it becomes smooth and elastic. Dust with extra flour as necessary.
- Warm up the oven for 1 minute and then turn it off.
- Oil a large bowl and place the dough inside and cover with cheesecloth. Place in the warmed oven for 1 hour, or until the size has doubled.
- Punch down the dough and keep in the oven for at least another 15 minutes.
- Knead the dough again and divide into 12 golf sized balls. Roll out each ball and fill with the chicken and pork filling. Gather and twist the edges together to secure the filling.
- Place each siopao on a square of wax paper. Repeat until all the dough is finished.
- Steam siopao for 30 minutes in a steamer. Serve hot with noodle soup.
i like to cook this siopao........
- 07 Oct 2013
Bad recipe...my dough rise only a quarter more than the original. Above reviews gave 5 stars and have not even used the recipe. What a joke! ##
- 14 Oct 2014
oh ! i haven't try yet but im looking forward to make this delicious SIOPAO ♥
- 13 Aug 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate