Pancit Molo (Filipino wantan soup)
1 person made this
About this recipe:
Despite its name, this pancit dish has no noodles, just wantan-like dumplings. It is a soup dish served as a snack or as a prelude to lunch or dinner.
680g minced pork
450g prawns, deveined and chopped
225g water chestnuts, sliced
Salt and pepper
Wantan wrappers (link to recipe)
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
1.2L chicken broth
1 bunch pek chai cut into bite sized pieces
2 spring onions, chopped
- In a large bowl, mix the pork, prawns, water chestnuts, and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside 1/3 of the mixture for the soup.
- To make the wantans, wrap about 1 tablespoon of the mixture in a wrapper. Repeat until all the filling is used up.
- In a large pot, saute the onion and garlic in olive oil. Stir in the shredded chicken and the pork-prawn mixture that was set aside earlier and mix well.
- Add the chicken broth, and salt and pepper to taste. Drop the wantons into the soup one by one. They are done when they float.
- Add the pek chai and boil until cooked.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve hot.
Simple and easy to follow recipe.
- 14 Aug 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate