1 / 1 Photo by:
Pancit Molo (Filipino wantan soup)
Emelita Rizal, Philippines
- 680g minced pork
- 450g prawns, deveined and chopped
- 225g water chestnuts, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Wantan wrappers (link to recipe)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1.2L chicken broth
- 1 bunch pek chai cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 spring onions, chopped
Prep:40min › Cook:20min › Ready in:1hr
- In a large bowl, mix the pork, prawns, water chestnuts, and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside 1/3 of the mixture for the soup.
- To make the wantans, wrap about 1 tablespoon of the mixture in a wrapper. Repeat until all the filling is used up.
- In a large pot, saute the onion and garlic in olive oil. Stir in the shredded chicken and the pork-prawn mixture that was set aside earlier and mix well.
- Add the chicken broth, and salt and pepper to taste. Drop the wantons into the soup one by one. They are done when they float.
- Add the pek chai and boil until cooked.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve hot.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!