1 / 1 Photo by:
- 250g prawns, deveined and cut into strips, heads reserved
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 45g ham, diced
- 1 chorizo de bilbao, cut into strips
- 500g lean pork, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 ubod, cut into strips
- 165g cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, cut into strips
- 2 stalks celery, cut into slices crosswise
- 1 potato, cut into strips
- 25 lettuce leaves
- 25 lumpia wrappers
Prep:1hr › Cook:30min › Ready in:1hr30min
- Pound the prawn heads in a mortar until the juice is expressed. Drain juice and set aside. You should have about 125ml juice.
- Fry the garlic in olive oil until slightly brown and then saute with the onion. Add the ham and chorizo, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the pork, mix and cook until no longer pink. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the prawn mixture and cook for 3 minutes. Add the prawn juice and mix thoroughly. Add soya sauce and sugar and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the ubod, chickpeas, cabbage, carrot, celery and potato. Cook 3 minutes until vegetables are done. Let cool.
- When the mixture is cooled, lay a lettuce leaf on a lumpia wrapper. Place about 2 tbsp of the mixture in the middle of the lettuce.
- Fold one end of the wrapper over the filling to secure the lower part, then roll the wrapper to cover.
- Serve with Lumpia sauce (link to recipe).
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!