1 / 1 Photo by: Michael Poisson
- 2 kg chicken legs and thighs
- 175 ml white vinegar
- 175 ml water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 60 ml soya sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp whole peppercorns, crushed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt to taste
- 400 ml coconut milk
Prep:5min › Cook:1hr › Ready in:1hr5min
- Rinse the chicken pieces and pat dry with paper towels. Place in a large pot.
- Add the vinegar, water, sugar, soya sauce, bay leaves, crushed peppercorns, onion and garlic. Mix thoroughly. Let boil for 2 minutes, then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and let the liquid reduce a little bit. Add salt to taste if necessary.
- Stir in the coconut milk. Cover and cook for another 10 minutes, or until the coconut milk turns oily.
- Place the chicken on a serving platter and pour the sauce over. Serve with rice.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!