1 person made this
About this recipe:
This is another meal in a pot dish. It contains meat and vegetables all cooked together in one savory dish.
3 lbs (1.5 kg) chicken legs and thighs
1 chayote or 1 small green papaya
1 medium onion
2 cloves garlic
1 thumb size ginger, sliced thin crosswise
1 bunch pechay (bochoy) cut bite size
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp fish sauce
2 cans 14 oz (396 g) Chicken broth
1/2 lb (227 g)spinach
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towel.
- In a large 1.5 gallon pot, saute onion and galic. Add ginger and fish sauce.
- Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes. Mix well, then add chicken broth. Let boil for another 5 minutes.
- Peel chayote skin or papaya and slice into bite size pieces.
- Add to the pot and cook another 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add spinach. Cook just until spinach is wilted. Serve hot.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate