5 people made this
About this recipe:
Use sotanghon or bihon in this dish. Both are just as delicious.
1/2 kg chicken legs and thighs
30 g dried shiitake mushrooms
250 g sotanghon
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tbsp achuete (annatto) powder for colour
1 tbsp fish sauce (patis)
Salt and pepper to taste
875ml chicken broth
2 spring onions, diced
- Boil chicken in 500ml water with salt for 10 minutes. Cool and shred chicken. Discard skin and bones. Set aside broth.
- Soak shiitake mushrooms in water until pliable, about 30 minutes. Slice and set aside. Soak sotanghon in water until soft, about 10 minutes. Cut to desired length.
- Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil. Add the achuete and continue sautéing until the onion is well coated with the red-orange colour.
- Add chicken, mushrooms, fish sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add 875ml chicken broth and the broth set aside earlier. Boil 5 minutes.
- Add the sotanghon and cook another 5 minutes. Garnish with spring onion and serve hot.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate