1 / 1 Photo by: Maria Ina
- 340g plain flour
- 250g white sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 125ml evaporated milk
- 250ml water
- 2 eggs
- 250g margarine or butter, softened
Prep:10min › Cook:15min › Ready in:25min
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C.
- Mix together the flour, sugar and baking powder. Pour in the water and evaporated milk and stir well. Mix in the eggs and butter or margarine.
- Pour the mixture into muffin tins lined with baking cups. Find a baking tray that your muffin tins will comfortably fit in. Pull the oven rack out a little - approx 1/4 out of the oven - and place the baking tray (with the muffin tin inside it) on the rack. Very carefully pour about 1L of hot tap water into the baking tray. Then very slowly and carefully slide the rack completely into the oven.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean. Be very careful not to burn your hands with hot water or steam when you remove the muffins from the oven. Top with grated cheese.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!