Yum Yum Chocolate Cookies
These delicious cookies are like a chocolate shortbread. They have a nice bite to them which the lemon icing helps to brings out. They are a real family favourite as they are easy and quick to make.
5 people made this
100 g White Sugar
180 g Butter
160 g Self Raising Flour
1 Tbs (heaped) Cocoa Powder
1 Tbs Desiccated Coconut
4 Tbs Corn Flakes
60 g Icing Sugar
1 tsp Cocoa Powder
1/4 tsp Lemon Juice
1/4 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Preheat oven to 150 deg celsius.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Sift together the flour and cocoa and add to the butter and sugar. Mix well.
- Add coconut and cornflakes to the mix and stir together.
- Squeeze into small balls and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Press down on the top of each ball lightly with a fork.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 150 degrees celsius.
- Place biscuits on a cooling rack while you make the icing.
- Mix all icing ingredients together well. Add a little hot water or extra lemon juice if required.
- When biscuits have completely cooled, top each one with a little icing.
Reviews and ratings
Reviews in English (4)
I just made these they r mild but the lemon icing realy takes it to the next level. overall its an easy recipe and the kids love them
04 Mar 2012
(Review from Allrecipes AU | NZ)
User's IP: 22.214.171.124