1 / 1 Photo by: Allrecipes Photos
Mum's Chilli Crab
- 1kg fresh crab (cleaned) and halved, separate claws
- 5 cm fresh ginger (cleaned and sliced)
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 250ml water
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 6 fresh red chillies (deseeded)
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
Prep:15min › Cook:15min › Ready in:30min
- Puree the chillies, onion and garlic in a food processor - you may want to use gloves when de-seeding the chillies to avoid burning your hand - then put aside.
- Heat oil on high in a wok. Add ginger slices and stir for 10 secs. Add pureed mix and stir for 30 seconds or until oil rises above mixture. Next, add water and lower heat to medium. Add salt, sugar and mix well.
- Add crab pieces, stir to coat well and cover wok. Simmer for 10 mins. Switch off heat. Break egg into wok and stir around quickly to coat crab pieces.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!