Healthy Fried Rice
A quick way to use up cooked rice, healthy, add all and any vegetables of your choice. Kids will love it.
6 people made this
½ teaspoon oil
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 onion, diced
1 carrot, peeled and cut into julienne strips
1 can baby corn, drained
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 green capsicum, sliced
1/2 red capsicum, sliced
1 cup frozen peas
3 cups cold cooked rice
2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Crack eggs into a bowl whisk to combine.
- Heat oiled pan over low heat and pour in egg mixture.Wait for egg to set, then gently roll egg onto itself. Remove from pan and slice egg roll thinly - set aside.
- Heat sesame oil in pan and add garlic, onion, carrots, corn and mushrooms, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add capsicums and peas and stir-fry vegetables until just cooked.
- Mix soy sauce and chilli sauce together and then stir through rice mixture.
- Serve topped with sliced egg roll.
Reviews and ratings
Reviews in English (5)
yummy, I well make it :-) <3
08 Feb 2014
You don't tell young cooks when to add the rice. I know but please make sure you make the instructions clear for our younger cooks that are having a go.
12 May 2011
(Review from Allrecipes AU | NZ)
User's IP: 18.104.22.168