71 people made this
About this recipe:
A classic and easy chicken curry that's better than any takeaway. Serve hot with naan or rice.
500g skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets, diced
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
2 onions, chopped
4 green chillies, chopped
4 tablespoons (60ml) vegetable oil
1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 - 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
500 ml (2 cups) water
1 tablespoon garam masala powder
1 pinch turmeric
salt to taste
- Rinse chicken pieces and pat dry. Set aside.
- Grind poppy seeds into a paste.
- In a large frying pan, cook onions and green chillies in oil until golden brown.
- Add ginger and garlic and cook.
- Add poppy seed paste and reserved chicken pieces and continuing cooking.
- Stir all together then add the cayenne pepper and water.
- Cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. The oil should be floating on top of the frying pan liquid.
- Add the garam masala and turmeric powder and turn off the heat.
- Stir all together and serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate