1 / 1 Photo by: Allrecipes Photos
Thai sour prawn soup
Serves : 4
- 1.5 litres fish stock or water
- 3 stalks lemon grass, tender white part only, crushed and cut into 2cm slices
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 150g small mushrooms, halved
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 4–6 fresh red chillies, seeded and sliced
- 8 large or 16 medium prawns (about 500g), cleaned and deveined, with tails left attached
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 125ml lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup coriander leaves
Prep:15min › Cook:15min › Ready in:30min
- Bring the stock to the boil in a large saucepan and add the lemon grass, lime leaves, mushrooms, fish sauce and chillies. Boil for 2 minutes.
- Add the prawns, spring onions, lime juice, curry paste and sugar to the saucepan and cook for 2 minutes or until the prawns turn pink. Add the coriander just before serving.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!