1 / 1 Photo by: Allrecipes Photos
Snapper in ginger marinade
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds, toasted
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeded
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2-cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 baby snapper (about 400 g each), cleaned
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- Spring onions curls (optional)
Prep:15min › Cook:15min › Extra time:1hr › Ready in:1hr30min
- Combine the cumin seeds, coriander seeds, fresh coriander, chilli, garlic, ginger, lemon juice, paprika, turmeric and oil in a food processor. Process to a paste.
- Score both sides of each fish diagonally with a small kitchen knife and rub the paste in well. Put aside to marinate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray. Place the fish in one layer in the dish and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the flesh is opaque.
- Serve garnished with lemon wedges and the spring onion curls, if using.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!