1 / 1 Photo by: Allrecipes Photos
Double cheese bites
Serves : 8
- 12 firm cherry tomatoes
- 80 g soft cheese with garlic and herbs
- 75 g rindless goat's cheese
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- a few drops of lemon juice
- 5 fresh chives, snipped
- 125 g smoked salmon
- 1½ tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- snipped fresh chives to garnish
Prep:3hr30min › Ready in:3hr30min
- Scald the cherry tomatoes in a bowl of boiling water for 10 seconds. Drain and cool under cold water. Peel off the skins using a sharp knife.
- Crush the soft cheese on a plate with a fork and roll each tomato in it (first wetting your hands slightly), covering them completely. Transfer to a plate lined with baking paper.
- Blend the goat's cheese with the sour cream, lemon juice and snipped chives. Lay the slices of salmon out on the work surface and spread them with the cheese mixture. Roll them up, starting from the thinner end. Transfer these rolls to a plate and cover with plastic wrap.
- Chill the tomato balls and salmon rolls in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours so they become firm.
- Roll the tomato balls in the basil, which should stick to the cheese. Carefully cut them in half. Spear each tomato half with a cocktail stick. Chill until ready to serve.
- Cut the salmon rolls into little pinwheels using a sharp knife and return them to the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Arrange the tomatoes and salmon pinwheels on small serving plates and garnish with extra chives.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!