- 300ml Water 水
- 70g Caster Sugar 糖
- 65g Wheat Starch 澄面粉
- 315g Glutinous Flour 糯米粉
- Ground Peanut Powder 花生粉
- Desiccated Coconut 椰仁干
- Bring water to a gentle boil. Add sugar and melt it. Remove from heat.
- Add in wheat starch and glutinous flour. Mix well till dough become smooth. Divide into balls of 25g - 30g each.
- Flatten the ball and put some peanut powder in the middle. Fold and roll the dough back into a ball. If your dough is not smooth and is with 'crease' lines, wet the surface with a drop of water and roll. Place peanut dough on a oiled dish.
- Prepare your steamer or boil water in the wok. When the water starts to boil, place your dish of prepared peanut dough in. Steam on high fire for 10 mins.
- Remove immediately and roll in desiccated coconut. Best if served while hot.
When mixing the dough, use a spatula first. Once the dough is cool enough to handle, use your hands to mix and knead it. When removing the steamed peanut ball from the steamer, remember to wet your hands or utensils, otherwise it will stick.