1 person made this
About this recipe:
This is a very popular dish with my family and friends. you can prepare it well ahead for dinner early in the afternoon. Serve with steam rice and chilli sauce
2 thumb size galangal(blue ginger) or ginger if blue ginger not available. cut into disks
6 cloves of garlics (wash with skin. use whole with skin)
1/2 cup of dark soy sauce ( add more sauce if needed)
2 cups water
1 tbs sugar
1 tsp chicken powder or msg (optional)
1/2 tsp five spice powder
Salt to taste
4 Eggs (hard boil) Peeled off shell and put hard boiled eggs to wok cook together with duck
- Use a large wok or pot. put in Water, Blue Ginger,Dark Soy Sauce, Sugar,Chicken Powder, Five Spice Powder , garlics , Salt to taste
- Put duck into wok and bring your ingredients to a boil. Cover and cook in low heat for 30 mins or till duck fully cooked. Add more water if needed. Cook duck 15 mins each side.
- When duck is cooked. take out to let it cool down before cutting it up.
- Cut your eggs in half and put with duck on a serving dish
- Take oil out from the stock and use it as gravy. A few spoons of sauce over duck and serve. The remaining gravy goes well with your steam rice. ENJOY !
Write a review
Click on stars to rate