1 / 1 Photo by: petitenyonya
- Kam Heong Sauce:
- 3 tbsp oil
- 100g dried prawns, soaked in water for 10 mins
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 8 shallots, chopped
- 1/2 bowl curry leaves
- 6 bird's eye chillies (cili padi), chopped
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
- Preparing the chicken:
- 2 chicken thighs, cut into pieces
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 1 tsp sesame seed oil
- 1 tbsp oil
- 5 tbsp 'kam heong' sauce
- 100ml water
Prep:30min › Cook:45min › Ready in:1hr15min
- Heat 3 tbsp oil and saute the dried prawns, chopped garlic and shallots till very fragrant.
- Add in curry leaves and chopped chillies, all the sauce ingredients and stir-fry until aromatic. Remove from heat.
- Mix chicken with 1 tsp each of light soy sauce, oyster sauce, corn flour and sesame seed oil and leave for 30 mins in the refrigerator.
- Deep fry in hot oil till golden brown.
- Heat up 1 tbsp oil and saute 'kam heong' sauce till fragrant
- Add in fried chicken pieces, water & stir well.
- Cook until the gravy is thick. Dish up & serve hot.
Kam Heong Sauce:
Preparing the chicken:
See it on my blog
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!