Soon hock in black bean sauce
Soon hock is a type of fish that can be quite expensive in Singapore due to its fine flesh and absence of fishy smell. It is usually steamed.
Central Region, Singapore
1 person made this
2 tbsp spicy black bean sauce
500g whole soon hock
2 cloves garlic, chopped
4 slices ginger, chopped
Cilantro for garnish
- Oil a frying pan and fry the black bean sauce until it is fragrant. Remove.
- Place the soon hock on a large plate and pour the black bean sauce over it. Sprinkle the garlic, ginger and water over the fish.
- Fill a wok 1/3 with water and allow the water to boil.
- Place the plate with the soon hock on a plate stand in the wok and steam for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from wok and garnish with cilantro. Serve.
Reviews and ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 126.96.36.199