1 / 1 Photo by: nasilemaklover
Makes: 20 balls
- 250gm taro shreds
- 2 Tbsp glutinous rice flour
- ½ tsp chicken stock powder
- 1/8tsp Chinese five spice powder
- a dash of pepper
- 1/4tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- some Chinese coriander, washed and air dried
Prep:10min › Cook:10min › Ready in:20min
- Slice taro with a knife into 2-3mm thickness, then shred with a peeler.
- Mix the seasonings together, then toss it into the weighed taro shreds. When it turns slightly sticky, put in the sesame seeds and toss it around to stick well.
- Heat up cooking oil over low medium heat, roll up taro with coriander into small ball.
- Put the shaped taro shreds into a heated wire ladle and deep fry.
- Release from ladle and fry until both sides are golden and drain on paper towels.
- When Wu Har has cooled, place each Wu Har on a paper liner and keep in air tight container.
See it on my blog
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!