Wu har (Crispy Taro Ball)
2 people made this
About this recipe:
We were really impressed with this Wu Har, very cripsy and fragrant especially with the good smell from the coriander.
Makes: 20 balls
250gm taro shreds
2 Tbsp glutinous rice flour
½ tsp chicken stock powder
1/8tsp Chinese five spice powder
a dash of pepper
1/2 tsp sugar
2 Tbsp sesame seeds
some Chinese coriander, washed and air dried
- Slice taro with a knife into 2-3mm thickness, then shred with a peeler.
- Mix the seasonings together, then toss it into the weighed taro shreds. When it turns slightly sticky, put in the sesame seeds and toss it around to stick well.
- Heat up cooking oil over low medium heat, roll up taro with coriander into small ball.
- Put the shaped taro shreds into a heated wire ladle and deep fry.
- Release from ladle and fry until both sides are golden and drain on paper towels.
- When Wu Har has cooled, place each Wu Har on a paper liner and keep in air tight container.
See it on my blog
Check out this recipe from Nasilemaklover's blog!
Write a review
Click on stars to rate