1 / 1 Photo by: nasilemaklover
Makes: 1 8" square cake pan
- 250g butter
- 190g sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 5 egg yolks (large)
- 230g cake flour
- 1 tsp double action baking powder
- 4 tbsp milk
- 5 egg whites (large)
- 90g sugar
Prep:1hr › Cook:55min › Ready in:1hr55min
- Place the butter, 100g sugar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until light and creamy.
- Add the egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the flour and baking powder and beat well to combine. Fold through the milk and combine well.
- Beat egg whites in a clean large bowl until soft foam. Gradually add in 90g sugar, and beat till soft peak.
- Take one portion of the egg white mixture, and use a hand whisk to stir well with egg yolk mixture till combine and thick paste.
- Slowly fold in the balance egg white with a spatula till well combined.
- Spoon the batter in a cake pan which line the base with paper and lightly grease.
- Bake at preheated oven at 180c for 55mins or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
See it on my blog
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!