1 / 1 Photo by: nasilemaklover
Brown Sugar Huat Kueh ( Chinese steamed cake) 发糕
nasilemaklover Johor, Malaysia
Makes: 10 small cakes
- 70g brown sugar
- 30g sugar
- 100 ml hot water
- 1 tsp instant active dried yeast
- 330g all purpose flour
- 1 tsp margarine
- 75ml water
Prep:1hr30min › Cook:20min › Ready in:1hr50min
- Melt brown sugar and margarine in hot water, set aside and let it turn warm.
- Mix yeast and flour in a mixing bowl, add in warm sugar mixture.
- Add in margarine and water, mix well till a sticky dough (don’t knead the dough, just mix well). Set aside to rest for 1hour.
- Remove dough from the mixing bowl, slightly knead the dough (still quite sticky). Equally divide into 60g ball, place it in a small round tin (do not need to grease) and arrange on a steaming tray.
- Steam over rapidly boiling water for 15-20mins.
See it on my blog
is all purpose flour = rice flour? or is all purpose flour = wheat plain flour? - 11 Apr 2014
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!