Simple Steamed fish
1 person made this
About this recipe:
Steamed fish is a simple dish that is commonly served at lunch or dinner.
1 whole fish (300g)
1 tomato, cut into quarters
5 slices ginger, cut into strips
2 dried mushrooms, soaked until soft, cut into strips
75ml water (plus more for steam)
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
- Fill a large wok 1/3 full with water and boil under high heat.
- While the water starts to boil, place the fish on a large plate. Place the tomato, ginger and mushroom on and around the fish.
- Mix light soy sauce and sesame oil with 75 ml of water and pour mixture over fish.
- Once the water in the wok has boiled, place the plate on a rack in the middle of the wok and steam under high heat for 8 minutes.
- Turn off the heat after 8 minutes, but do not remove fish for another 10 minutes. Serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate