2 people made this
About this recipe:
This dish is very colourful due to the eggs and carrots, and is really tasty, thanks to the stewed pork ribs liquid. When I cook this, my family often asks for seconds!
1 can (240 g) stewed pork ribs
2 eggs, beaten
2 tbsp oil
5 small red onion, sliced
½ carrot, cut into thin strips
½ tsp salt
400g dried beehoon, soaked for half an hour
2 tbsp light soy sauce
5 tbsp water
75g bean sprouts
- Open the can of stewed pork ribs. Drain the can and reserve the liquid for later use. Mash the pork up into smaller chunks.
- Pour egg thinly over a pan and fry under medium heat until golden. Remove omelet. Cut omelet into thin strips.
- Oil a wok with 2 tbsp of oil. Fry onions under medium heat until slightly brown. Add the carrots, salt and stewed pork ribs and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the beehoon, light soy sauce and 7-10 tbsp of the stewed pork ribs liquid from the can. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add 5 tbsp of water and continue to stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the bean sprouts. Cover the wok for 5-8 minutes.
- Lift cover and check if the beehoon is too dry. If too dry, add more water or stewed pork ribs liquid from the can. Remove from pan.
- Garnish with egg strips. Serve hot.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate