4 people made this
About this recipe:
Hor fun is a stir-fried rice noodles dish, usually with pork and seafood.
450g fresh kway teow
3 tbsp dark soy sauce
3 tbsp oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
50g pork, sliced
6 tbsp cornflour
800 ml water
75g squid, sliced
6 large prawns, whole
1 tsp salt
1 egg, beaten
6 stalks chye sim, blanched
- Oil a large wok with 1 tbsp oil and turn on stove to high heat.
- Add fresh kway teow into wok when the wok is hot (oil starts to sputter) and drizzle dark soy sauce over kway teow. Fry for 2-3 minutes. Remove from wok.
- Oil another large wok with 2 tbsp of oil and turn stove on to high heat. Add garlic when the wok is hot.
- Add pork slices and fry until slightly pink.
- Add cornflour and water. Place lid over large wok and wait until water boils.
- Next, add beansprouts, squid and prawns. Cook until prawns turn pink and squid turns white. Add salt.
- Turn off heat and add beaten egg. Stir the mixture well so that egg breaks up into slivers.
- Dish out kway teow into 3 portions and coat kway teow with the pork and seafood broth. Add 2 stalks of blanched chye sim. Serve hot.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate